Re: master volume

Gluster Geo-replication is a feature to replicate data from one Gluster Volume to other. This needs to be set up for each Volume for which data needs to be replicated. If Master and Slave Volumes are in the same cluster then it is not so helpful when disaster happens.

Hello list,

I want to add a geo-replication server to a 2 node + arbiter
environment. Reading the docs, many questions pop up, under which this
one, they're talking about a "master volume" and a "slave volume":

gluster volume geo-replication <master_volume> \
<slave_host>::<slave_volume> create push-pem [force]

https://staged-gluster-docs.readthedocs.io/en/release3.7.0beta1/Administrator%20Guide/Distributed%20Geo%20Replication/

I have a few volumes running, but I fear I missed something crucial
somewhere. Or should I set up a geo-replication for each and every
volume I run on the two nodes?

R.

--
richard lucassen