Re: Continue to work in "degraded mode" (missing brick)

Sorry, I meant to say distributed, not replicated!
I'm on 6.4 from CentOs7 SIG.

I was hoping the volume might still be fully usable write-wise, with files going on the remaining bricks, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

---

On 2019-08-08 06:54, Ravishankar N wrote:
On 07/08/19 9:53 PM, Nux! wrote:
Hello,

I'm testing a replicated volume with 3 bricks. I've killed a brick, but the volume is still mounted and can see the files from the bricks that are still online and can do operations on them.
What I cannot do is create new files in the volume, e.g.:

dd: failed to open ‘test1000’: Transport endpoint is not connected

Is there a way to make this volume continue to work while one of the bricks is offline? There is still space available in the remaining bricks, shouldn't it try to use it?

If 2 bricks are online and the clients are connected to them, writes
should work.  Unless the brick that was down was the only good copy,
i.e. the only one that successfully witnessed all previous writes.
What version of gluster are you using? Check the mount log for more
details.

Regards