Re: GlusterFS Changing Hash of Large Files?

An even replica count is prone to split-brains with the default quorum settings, so replica 3 is recommended.

But a replica 4 setup should not cause any checksum change if one node is unreachable, as long as the reads/writes are done via the gluster mount (and not directly the bricks). I wasn't able to re-create this when I copied a huge file on to a 1x4 volume (glusterfs 6.3) with one of the bricks down. Is this something that you can reproduce? Do you see anything suspicious in the mount or brick logs?

Regards,
Ravi