Re: Graceful gluster server retire/poweroff

On 16/07/2019 15:27, Ravishankar N wrote:
Yes, if you simply pkill the gluster brick processes of the node before switching it off, you won't observe the hang on the clients because they will receive the disconnect notification immediately. But before that, you would need to check if there are no pending heals etc. You can use the script [1] which does all these checks in the graceful mode.

Hi Ravi,
thanks for your reply. I tried killing the glusterfsd process and I confirm that the client does not see any pause, indeed.

I was thinking that during the shutdown procedure systemd would kill the processes by itself; which it *does*, but only if the glusterfsd.service is enabled/started.

By default, the systemd service installed on CentOS 7 + Gluster 6.0 SIG does not start glusterfsd.service and so, in the shutdown phase, it does not stop it.

Thanks very much for your information.

--
Danti Gionatan
Supporto Tecnico