thank you for the info. I'll try this out.

Regards
David

Am Fr., 10. Mai 2019 um 16:24 Uhr schrieb Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Seems I accidentally omitted gluster-users in my first reply.

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 3:19 PM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 8:53 AM David Spisla <spisla80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Kaleb,

i am trying to create my own Gluster v5.5 RPMs for SLES15 and I am using a SLES15 system to create them. I got the following error message:

rpmbuild --define '_topdir /home/davids/glusterfs/extras/LinuxRPM/rpmbuild' --with gnfs -bb rpmbuild/SPECS/glusterfs.spec
warning: bogus date in %changelog: Tue Apr 17 2019 kkeithle at redhat.com
warning: bogus date in %changelog: Fri Sep 19 2018 kkeithle at redhat.com
error: Failed build dependencies:
    rpcgen is needed by glusterfs-5.5-100.x86_64
make: *** [Makefile:579: rpms] Error 1

In the corresponding glusterfs.spec file (branch sles15-glusterfs-5 in Repo glusterfs-suse) there is rpcgen listed as dependency. But unfortunately there is no rpcgen package provided on SLES15. Or with other words:
I did only find RPMs for other SUSE distributions, but not for SLES15.

Do you know that issue?

I'm afraid I don't.

What is the name of the distribution which you are using to create Packages for SLES15?

The community packages are built on the OpenSUSE OBS and they are built on SLES15 —the one that OBS provides. I don't know any details beyond that. It could be a real SLES15 system, or it could be a build in mock, or SUSE's chroot build tool if they don't have mock.

You can see the build logs from the community builds of glusterfs-5.5 and glusterfs-5.6 for SLES15 at [1] and [2] respectively. AFAIK it's a completely "vanilla" SLES15 and seems to have rpcgen-1.3-2.18 available. Finding things in the OBS repos seems to be hit or miss sometimes. I can't find the SLE_15 rpcgen package.

(Back in SLES11 days I had a free eval license that let me update and install add-on packages on my own system. I tried to get a similar license for SLES12 and was advised to just use OBS. I haven't even bothered trying to get one for SLES15. It makes it harder IMO to figure things out.)

I recommend asking the OBS team on #opensuse-buildservice on (freenode) IRC. They've always been very helpful to me.

Miuku on #opensuse-buildservice poked around and found that the unbundled rpcgen in SLE_15 comes from the rpcsvc-proto rpm. (Not the rpcgen rpm as it does in Fedora and RHEL8.)

All the gluster community packages for SLE_15 going back to glusterfs-5.0 in October 2018 have used the unbundled rpcgen. You can do the same, or remove the BuildRequires: rpcgen line and use the glibc bundled rpcgen.

HTH

--

Kaleb