Re: Settings for VM hosting

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 12:48 PM <lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 06:47:49AM +0530, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
> Looks good mostly.
> You can also turn on performance.stat-prefetch, and also set

Ah the corruption bug has been fixed, I missed that. Great !

> client.event-threads and server.event-threads to 4.

I didn't realize that would also apply to libgfapi ?
Good to know, thanks.

> And if your bricks are on ssds, then you could also enable
> performance.client-io-threads.

I'm surprised by that, the doc says "This feature is not recommended for
distributed, replicated or distributed-replicated volumes."
Since this volume is just a replica 3, shouldn't this stay off ?
The disks are all nvme, which I assume would count as ssd.

They're not recommended if you're using slower disks (HDDs for instance)
as it can increase the number of fsyncs triggered by replicate module and their slowness
can degrade performance. With nvme/ssds this should not be a problem and the net result
of enabling client-io-threads there should be an improvement in perf.

-Krutika

> And if your bricks and hypervisors are on same set of machines
> (hyperconverged),
> then you can turn off cluster.choose-local and see if it helps read
> performance.

Thanks, we'll give those a try !