Re: Help: gluster-block

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 1:34 AM Karim Roumani <karim.roumani@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Actually we have a question.

We did two tests as follows.

Test 1 - iSCSI target on the glusterFS server
Test 2 - iSCSI target on a separate server with gluster client

Test 2 performed a read speed of <1GB/second while Test 1 about 300MB/second

Any reason you see to why this may be the case?

For Test 1 case,

1. ops b/w

* iscsi initiator <-> iscsi target and
* tcmu-runner <-> gluster server

are all using the same NIC resource.

2.  Also, it might be possible that, the node might be facing high resource usage like cpu is high and/or memory is low, as everything is on the same node.

You can check also check gluster profile info, to corner down some of these.

Thanks!
--
Prasanna