Gluster and LVM

Hello Gluster-Community,

we consider to build several gluster-servers and have a question regarding  lvm and glusterfs.

Scenario 1: Snapshots

Of course, taking snapshots is a good capability and we want to use lvm for that.

Scenaraio 2: Increase gluster volume

We want to increase the gluster volume by adding hdd's and/or by adding

dell powervaults later. We got the recommendation to set up a new gluster volume

for the powervaults and don't use lvm in that case (lvresize ....) .

What would you suggest and how do you manage both lvm and glusterfs together?

Thanks in advance.

Felix