Re: Docu - how to debug issues

On 20/03/19 10:29 AM, Strahil wrote:

Hello Community,

Is there a docu page clearing what information is needed to be gathered in advance in order to help the devs resolve issues ?
So far I couldn't find one - but I have missed that.

volume info, gluster version of the clients/servers and all gluster logs under /var/log/glusterfs/ are the first things that you would need to provide if you were to raise a  bugzilla or a github issue. After that, it is mostly issue specific. Some pointers are there in https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Troubleshooting/.

A consistent reproducer is also something that is good to have as it helps speed up the RCA.

HTH,
Ravi

If not, it will be nice to have that info posted somewhere.
For example  - FUSE issues -  do 1,2,3...
Same for other client-side issues and then for cluster-side also.
I guess this will save a lot of  'what is your output of gluster volume info vol' questions.

Best Regards,
Strahil Nikolov