Re: Gluster and bonding

23.02.2019 19:54, Alex K пишет:
Hi all,

I have a replica 3 setup where each server was configured with a dual interfaces in mode 6 bonding. All cables were connected to one common network switch.

To add redundancy to the switch, and avoid being a single point of failure, I connected each second cable of each server to a second switch. This turned out to not function as gluster was refusing to start the volume logging "transport endpoint is disconnected" although all nodes were able to reach each other (ping) in the storage network. I switched the mode to mode 1 (active/passive) and initially it worked but following a reboot of all cluster same issue appeared. Gluster is not starting the volumes.

Isn't active/passive supposed to work like that? Can one have such redundant network setup or are there any other recommended approaches?

Yes, we use lacp, I guess this is mode 4 ( we use teamd ), it is, no doubt, best way.

Thanx,
Alex