Re: Client failover question

If you are referring single head server as the samba node, then have samba deployed on other server nodes and create a samba cluster using ctdb.

Regards,
Poornima

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019, 8:31 PM Jim Laib <jlaib01@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm using a single server (gluster client)  to mount a gluster replicated gluster cvolume using two servers. so the single server is acting as the head to the gluster volume. My users access the cluster client head using Samba. What I'm wondering is. what's the best way to insure continuity if my single head server takes a nap?
And yes, I agree 3 is better and I plan to move down that path when I reconfigure my system.

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 12:51 PM Nico van Royen <nico@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

What do you mean by a gluster 'client server' ?
A node is either a server (running the glusterd and glusterfsd/brick processes), and you'd need at least 2 (3 is better, and the volume to be set as a replica-3) or a gluster client (uses the gluster-client to mount a volume from a gluster-cluster).
You could of-course also run the 'client' on the actual gluster-server to mount to itself (wouldn't recommend that).

Nico

----- Oorspronkelijk bericht -----
Van: "Jim Laib" <jlaib01@xxxxxxxxx>
Aan: "gluster-users" <gluster-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Verzonden: Vrijdag 8 februari 2019 17:04:45
Onderwerp: Client failover question

I may have missed this in the documentation, but is there a way to make a Gluster client server redundant? I have several bricks setup being controlled by one cluster client server and if that server blows, there's quite a bit of rebuilding to do. So looking for a way to ovoid that. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.