GlusterFS's HA: After one node is down, opened file can still be written without reopened

Hi,

Our team is investigating distributed file system.

We are confused about the following message that is written in GlusterFS’s user guide.

“In a highly available active-active environment, if a NFS-Ganesha server that is connected to a NFS client running a particular application crashes,

the application/NFS client is seamlessly connected to another NFS-Ganesha server without any administrative intervention. “

After ‘LVS+CTDB+GlusterFS’ cluster is created,

one node is down when one user is writing data to a file of a mounted directory.

At this time,

If NFS-Ganesha is used, current opened file can still be written without reopened. Is that right?

If NFS /Samba is used, it is possible that current opened file can still be written without reopened?

Best regards,

以上、よろしくお?いいたします。

Liu Dan

PF Dept

Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech.Co.,Ltd.(FNST)

TEL+86+25-86630566-8512

FUJITSU INTERNAL79955-8512

EMail: liud.fnst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx