Re: Subject: Help needed in improving monitoring in Gluster

On 23/7/2018 18:25 , Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

Regarding monitoring; I would love to see in my monitoring that
geo-replication is working as intended; at the moment I'm faking georep
monitoring by having a process touch a file (every server involved in
gluster touches another file) on every volume and checking mtime on the
slave.

I'd like to request that if possible, you elaborate on how you'd like
to see the "as intended" situation. What kind of data points and/or
visualization would aid you in arriving at that conclusion?

for this particular example: perhaps last sync time, and number of files on both sides. i realize this is a difficult problem...

number of files touched by sync per run?

currently there is a 'started/stopped/faulty' indicator for the geo-rep, could be exposed as well.

a monitoring interface that is guaranteed to be non-blocking would be a great enhancement.

M.