Re: peer detach fails

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 10:55 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

I added a third peer for a arbiter brick host to replica 2 cluster. Then I realized I can't use it since it has no infiniband like the other two hosts (infiniband and ethernet for clients). So I removed the new arbiter bricks from all of the volumes. However, I can't detach the peer as it keeps saying there are bricks it hosts. Nothing in volume status or info shows that host to be involved.

gluster peer detach innuendo force
peer detach: failed: Brick(s) with the peer innuendo exist in cluster

How did you remove the arbiter bricks from the volumes? I If all the brick removals were successful, then the 3rd host shouldn't be hosting any bricks.  Could you provide the output of gluster volume info from all the nodes?

The Self-heal daemon is still running on innuendo for each brick.

Should I re-add the arbiter brick and wait for the arbiter heal process to complete? How do I take the arbiter brick out and not break things?  It was added using:
for fac in <list of volumes>; do gluster volume add-brick ${fac}2 replica 3 arbiter 1 innuendo:/data/glusterfs/${fac}2/brick; done

And then removed using:
for fac in <list of volumes>; do gluster volume remove-brick ${fac}2 replica 2 innuendo:/data/glusterfs/${fac}2/brick force; done

Adding a new 3rd full brick host soon to avoid split-brain and trying to get this cleaned up before the new hardware arrives and I start the sync.
--
James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain