Re: Some more questions

On Wed, 2018-05-09 at 18:26 +0000, Gandalf Corvotempesta wrote:
Ok, some more question as I'm still planning our SDS (but I'm prone to use
LizardFS, gluster is too inflexible)

Let's assume a replica 3:

1) currently, is not possbile to add a single server and rebalance like any
order SDS (Ceph, Lizard, Moose, DRBD, ....), right ? In replica 3, I have
to add 3 new servers

You can change the replica count. Add a fourth server, add it's brick to existing volume with gluster volume add-brick vol0 replica 4 newhost:/path/to/brick
2) The same should be by add disks on spare slots on existing servers.
Always a multiple of replica count, thus 1 disk per server
yes
3) Can I grow the cluster by replacing 3 disks with bigger ones? In
example, with 12 2TB disks (on each server), I can replace 3 of them (1 per
server) with 4TB to get more space, right ? Or should I replace *all* disks

I add space with new drives across all servers. So my replica 3 storage cluster gets a new person and new space: add 3 new drives, one per server, each drive is a new brick that is joined to create a replica 3 volume for that person. But if I need to expand the /home volume, then I add 3 drives, one per machine, then add each drive to the raid array on each machine for home.

You can also just add additional bricks to an existing volume (subject to normal replica count rules).

?