Meeting minutes : April 18th Maintainers meeting.

Meeting date: 04/18/2018 (April 18th, 2018), 19:30 IST, 14:00 UTC, 10:00 EDT

Attendance

  • Nigel
  • Hari
  • Nithya
  • Kotresh
  • Raghavendra M
  • Shyam
  • Milind
  • Sorry Note: ndevos (travelling), kkeithle, amarts

Agenda

  • Format change proposal:

  • Gluster’s Adoption of GPL cure period enforcement

  • Automation Update:

    • Run regressions with brick multiplex directly from Gerrit now with a keyword rather than hacky temporary review requests. Keyword is ‘run brick-mux regression’. Example: https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19734/
    • More automation moving to Python so we have the ability to write unit tests. If you are going to write a complicated shell script as a test runner, please get approval from CI component maintainers.
    • We’ve been testing Facebook’s distributed test runner and have managed to get it working. Time for regression drops with every new machine added to the pool. Targetting a few weeks to bring it to production.
      • Test infrastructure has some minor fixes from FB, so need a sync up meeting on the same [AI: Nigel]
      • We can factor in test run times to achieve better overall results, and keep workers equally busy
    • Github Label check is now enforced:
      • Need help from others to identify the needs for going to give the flag.
      • As ‘ndevos’ asked, we need to highlight this in Developer Guide and other places in documentation.
      • Can we fix the ‘gluter spec’ format and ask people to fill the github issues in that format? So that it becomes easier to give the flags.
  • [Handled Already]Regression failures

    • trash.t and nfs-mount-auth.t are failing frequently
    • git bisect shows https://review.gluster.org/19837 as possible suspect
    • Need to resolve soon as some critical patches are failing regression
  • Release timelines:

    • Can we extend branching out by a week or two? to compansate for github flag enforcement?
      • Target GA date should remain same.
      • Things we want for 4.1
        • clang formatting
        • Github flag enforcment for all features
      • We branch out later, but still release at the same time.
      • No concerns during meeting. Shyam to announce.
  • Round Table:

    • kkeithle - comment-on-issue test is (still) broken. E.g. see https://review.gluster.org/#/c/19871 Can we please get this fixed?
      • This is working as intended. Please see automation updates
    • kkeithle - For the record, I’m opposed to any kind of bulk reformat of the source. In my experience this just complicates porting changes between branches. And isn’t it also going to break git blame history?
    • Nithya - Can we split experimental xlators into it’s own package
      • AI: Get experimental xlators in a separate package. Shyam will work with Kaleb, et al

-----

--
Amar Tumballi (amarts)