cluster.readdir-optimize and disappearing files/dirs bug

Hi,

As many of you know, gluster suffers from pretty bad performance issues when there are lots of files. One way to at least attempt to improve performance is setting cluster.readdir-optimize to on.

However, based on my recent tests (using Gluster 3.13.2), as well as tests of many others (like http://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-devel/2016-November/051417.html), there's a bug that frequently makes the listings of entire dirs disappear. Though the data is still there, it's a very scary bug for production systems which may think all data is gone.

I know Gluster 4 was recently released, but it makes no mention of cluster.readdir-optimize in the notes.

What's the status of diagnosing this bug and fixing it? We're experiencing major performance issues with gluster in production, and I'd love to do everything possible to get them resolved.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Artem

--
Founder, Android PoliceAPK Mirror, Illogical Robot LLC