Re: Very slow rsync to gluster volume UNLESS `ls` or `find` scan dir on gluster volume first

Thanks for the report Artem,

Looks like the issue is about cache warming up. Specially, I suspect rsync doing a 'readdir(), stat(), file operations' loop, where as when a find or ls is issued, we get 'readdirp()' request, which contains the stat information along with entries, which also makes sure cache is up-to-date (at md-cache layer).

Note that this is just a off-the memory hypothesis, We surely need to analyse and debug more thoroughly for a proper explanation.  Some one in my team would look at it soon.

Regards,
Amar