reset-brick command questions

Hi,

I'm trying to use the reset-brick command, but it's not completely clear to me

Introducing reset-brick command

Notes for users: The reset-brick command provides support to reformat/replace the disk(s) represented by a brick within a volume. This is helpful when a disk goes bad etc

That's what I need, the use case is a disk goes bad on a disperse gluster node and we want to replace it with a new disk

Start reset process -

gluster volume reset-brick VOLNAME HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH start
This works, I can see in gluster volume status the brick is not there anymore

The above command kills the respective brick process. Now the brick can be reformatted.

To restart the brick after modifying configuration -

gluster volume reset-brick VOLNAME HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH commit

If the brick was killed to replace the brick with same brick path, restart with following command -

gluster volume reset-brick VOLNAME HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH commit force
This fails, I unmounted the gluster path, formatted a fresh disk, mounted it on the old mount point and created the brick subdir on it.

gluster volume reset-brick glustervol gluster1:/gluster/brick1/glusterbrick1 gluster1:/gluster/brick1/glusterbrick1 commit force

volume reset-brick: failed: Source brick must be stopped. Please use gluster volume reset-brick <volname> <dst-brick> start.

Why would I even need to specify the "HOSTNAME:BRICKPATH" twice? I just want to replace the disk and get it back into the volume.

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,

Jorick Astrego

Netbulae Virtualization Experts

Tel: 053 20 30 270 info@xxxxxxxxxxx Staalsteden 4-3A KvK 08198180
Fax: 053 20 30 271 www.netbulae.eu 7547 TA Enschede BTW NL821234584B01