Re: What is the difference between FORGET and UNLINK fops

Filtering the brick logs in TRACE mode with rpcsvc.c does show the FOPS.

From this, I've realized that LOOKUP is actually dns lookup. This actually differs from NFS lookup operation. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Jeevan.

On Nov 13, 2017 9:40 PM, "Jeevan Patnaik" <g1patnaik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Can I get a brief description of all the FOPS in gluster or the location of the source code file so that I will try to get an understanding myself?

Few FOPS I'm not clear like FORGET, UNLINK, FLUSH, LOOKUP

Or is there a way I can tunnel through the FOPS that that are happening in the background for each operation? I have tried this to find from a brick logfile in TRACE mode, but there are way too many calls, but are in form of some system calls but not FOPS.

Regards,
Jeevan.