Re: Adding a slack for communication?

The archival process of the mailing list makes searching for past issues possible. Slack, and irc in general, is a more closed garden than a public archived mailing list.

That said, irc/slack is good for immediate interaction between people, say, gluster user with a nightmare and a knowledgeable developer with deep understanding and willingness to assist.

If there's a way to make a debug/help/fix session publicly available, and crucially, referenced in the mailing list archive, then irc/slack is a great additional communication channel.