Re: gluster volume + lvm : recommendation or neccessity ?

After some extra reading about LVM snapshots & Gluster, I think I can conclude it may be a bad idea to use it on big storage bricks.

I understood that the LVM maximum metadata, used to store the snapshots data, is about 16GB.

So if I have a brick with a volume arount 10TB (for example), daily snapshots, files changing ~100GB : the LVM snapshot is useless.

LVM's snapshots doesn't seems to be a good idea with very big LVM partitions.

Did I missed something ? Hard to find clear documentation on the subject.

++

Quentin