Re: Reboot node steps

On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 at 20:50, David Gossage <dgossage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've had no issues with mass power outages nodes just came up and were healed by time I could start VM's.  I've done rolling updates before as well.

However I must have forgotten a step as yesterday I shutdown 1 server in my 3-node replicate setup and I have tones of files/shards not healing yet.  I've seen it happen in past and I likely just need a relatively short downtime this evening where I shutdown every VM on that volume, then kil the mounts, and let it heal.

Do I need to just manually kill the pid of volumes when I plan to shutdown 1 server instead of letting systemd handle it?

It should work in any case.

Centos 7 servers gluster 3.8.3 (yeah I need to update again)

David Gossage
Carousel Checks Inc. | System Administrator
Office 708.613.2284