Re: NFS versus Fuse file locking problem (NFS works, fuse doesn't...)

On Thu, Aug 24, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Krist van Besien <krist@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi
This is gluster 3.8.4. Volume options are out of the box. Sharding is off (and I don't think enabling it would matter)

I haven't done much performance tuning. For one thing, using a simple script that just creates files I can easily flood the network, so I don't expect a performance issue.

The problem we see is that after a certain time the fuse clients completely stop accepting writes. Something is preventing the application to write after a while.
We see this on the fuse client, but not when we use nfs. So the question I am interested in seeing an answer too is in what way is nfs different from fuse that could cause this.

My suspicion is it is locking related.

Would it be possible to obtain a statedump of the native client when the application becomes completely unresponsive? A statedump can help in understanding operations within the gluster stack. Log file of the native client might also offer some clues.

Regards,
Vijay