Re: How to remove dead peer, osrry urgent again :(

On 6/10/2017 4:38 PM, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
Since my node died on friday I have a dead peer (vna) that needs to be removed.

I had major issues this morning that I haven't resolve yet with all VM's going offline when I rebooted a node which I *hope * was due to quorum issues as I now have four peers in the cluster, one dead, three live.

Lets see:

According to your previous note, you had vna, vnb and vng all replica 3 in a working cluster.

vna died so you had two 'good' nodes left. All was good.

You replaced vna with vnd but it is probably not fully healed yet cuz you had 3.8T worth of chunks to copy.

So you had two good nodes (vnb and vng) working and you rebooted one of them?

If so, yes, based on my experience learning how to deal with failed nodes you would get a quorum lock under those circumstances UNLESS you turned off the quorums prior to the reboot.

Do you show any split brains?

As an aside, I wonder if a strategy would have been to first replace VNA with an arbiter, get the metadata synced up for quorum purposes AND then turn the arbiter into full node by catching up the chunks.

Is that even possible?

-bill