Re: Recovering from Arb/Quorum Write Locks

On 05/29/2017 10:45 AM, wk wrote:
OK, can I assume SOME pause is expected when Gluster first sees gluster2 go down which would unpause after a timeout period. I have seen that behaviour as well.

Yes, when you power off/shutdown/reboot a node, the mount hangs for a bit due to not receiving the socket disconnect notification immediately. Something to do with tcp keepalive timeouts which I am not familiar with. One way to avoid this while testing is to explicitly kill the bricks ( kill -15 <brick pid> ) on that node and then power it off. When you kill a brick, the mount receives the notification immediately.