Is there difference when Nfs-Ganesha is unavailable

While I m troubleshooting the failover of Nfs-Ganesha, the failover is always successful when I shutdown Nfs-Ganesha service online while the OS is running. However, it always failed when I did a either shutdown -r or power-reset.

During the failure, the Nfs client was just hung. Like you could not do a "df" or "ls" of the mount point. The share will eventually failover to the remaining expected node usually after 15 - 20 minutes.

Running on Centos7, gluster 3.7.1x, Nfs-Ganesha 2.3.0.x. I currently don't have the resources to upgrade, but if all of experts here think that's the only route. I guess I will have to make a case ...

Thanks in advance!