Re: Testing gluster

You need to test the system in ways that match the way you intend to use the system.

Bonnie is a nice generic test of disk and file system performance but it will seldom match any real world application unless your application is to run bonnie on systems.

If your running a database with large tables then the way you test will be different than if your running something like a mail server with millions of very small files that are seldom updated..

If you want to check  failure modes you need to think of all the possible failure modes.
  - Loss of a server
  - Loss of a brick
  - Loss of communication between servers
  - Loss of communication between clients and some/all servers
  - file system corruption
  - an error prone network connection
  and so on.

If you want to check data integrity then you need to have something like a checksum on each file and when your done check against the checksum or actually run a full compare on each file.
Correctly setup you could get rsync to in effect do the comparison for you.