Re: Volume rebalance issue

Il 26 feb 2017 2:14 AM, "Kevin Lemonnier" <lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
Sure sounds like what corrupted everything for me a few months ago :). Had to spend the whole night
re-creating the VMs from backups, and explaining the dataloss and downtime to the clients wasn't easy.

Unfortunatly I believe they never managed to reproduce the issue, so I don't think it was ever fixed,
no. We are using 3.7.13 so downgrading won't help you, I don't know of any workaround.

That's why, some months ago, I've suggested less feature and more stability to gluster

This is absolutely unacceptable for a storage software
A storage software MUST preserve data integrity, at any cost. It's the primary goal for a storage.

I suggest to temporarily stop development and fix this issue ASAP.
Everyone from gluster should look at this issue that is causing massive dataloss
This is what we would do in our company when critical bugs are found

BUT if I remember properly something similiar from 3.7 was fixed in 3.8 (or 3.9) ?