Re: Different network for server and client

Il 22/02/2017 18:31, Deepak Naidu ha scritto:
I have a setup where storage nodes use network-1 & client nodes use network-2.

In both server/client, I use /etc/hosts entry to define storage node name, example node1, node2, node3 etc...

When client uses node1 hostname it resolves to network-2 & when storage uses node1 it resolves to network-1.

I don't think GlusterFS has as many scrubbing jobs like other SDS where they need cluster interconnect, it's mostly client server replication/translator model. Other use case where "different" network is helpful , if you have remote replication(geo) going across the pipe.

I thought about this, but if servers are also clients, then this would not work.
Well, I suppose this is not possible or not required.

Is it really the client which replicates the data and distributes it to the different nodes?

Alessandro