Re: Fwd: how debuge dht translator?

On 02/22/2017 05:16 PM, Tahereh Fattahi wrote:

Hello
I want to undrestand the operation of dht translator, then i decide to debug the code for this aim.
But i can not do that:(
I think i should run gdb in client side, but how? I can not mount the file system for client from gdb. And if I mount seperately, I can not run any glusterfs within gdb
1) Install debuginfo if you are using rpm, if you are using source code then configure with --enable-debig.
2) Do a fuse mount from client (mount -t glusterfs server_hostname:/volname /mount_point)
3) find the pidof the mount process (you can grep for glusterfs or with you volname)
4) Attach gdb to the client process using gdb -p <pidof glusterfs>
5) put your break points in dht functions and then you are good to go :)

Regards
Rafi KC

Is there any way to not using gdb and debug with printf (Iknow it is very stupid but is easy) and see the serult in the terminal?