Re: GlusterFS Volume for HPC workload

Hi Deepak,

Ultimately, you're the only one who can know whether it works for your exact workload or not. We recommend benchmarking your own workload.

That said, in general, if you avoid large numbers of small files, and your hardware and network are sized appropriately, you should get good throughput performance.

In HPC, a common problem is oversubscribing either the network or the storage system. If you workload is I/O-heavy, you should spend probably 50% of your cluster budget on I/O and interconnect.

Regards,
Alex