Re: Convert to Shard - Setting Guidance

On 20/01/2017 1:11 PM, Gustave Dahl wrote:

One: It may take months to convert my current VM images to shard’s, do you see any issues with this?  My priority is to make sure future images are distributed as shards.

Two:  Settings, my intent is to set it as follows based on guidance on the Redhat site and what I have been reading here.  Do these look okay?  Additional suggestions?

They look good to me, except I would go with a smaller chunksize, but like Kevin, I don't have 10G ethernet or SSD bricks  (Jellus). You do get slightly better write performance with the larger shard sizes.

One question - how do you plan to convert the VM's?

- setup a new volume and copy the VM images to that?

- or change the shard setting inplace? (I don't think that would work)

--
Lindsay Mathieson