Re: Replace replicate in single brick

On 01/09/2017 09:29 PM, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:

All,

We have a small cluster with a single volume and a single replicated brick:

Volume Name: volume1

Type: Replicate

Number of Bricks: 1 x 2 = 2

Bricks:

Brick1: node01:/export/sdb1/brick

Brick2: node02:/export/sdb1/brick

Now the disk on node01 is going bad and needs replaced, but I am uncertain if there is a safe way to do this with gluster. There are not enough connections in the system to hook up a new disk and then add it. I have to physically replace the disk with the new one.

If you are using glusterfs 3.9 and want to give the replaced brick the same name as the old one, there is the reset-brick command. The commit message in http://review.gluster.org/#/c/12250/ gives you some information on the steps to run.
If you are okay with using a different name for the brick, then there is `gluster volume replace-brick <volname> <hostname:old brick> <hostname:new brick> commit force`. I think this command works from glusterfs 3.7.10 onward.
-Ravi

Is there a way to do that?

Brian Andrus

ITACS/Research Computing