Re: [Gluster-Maintainers] Release 3.10: Feature page status (and call for reviews)

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Shyam <srangana@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A) We need reviewers/maintainers to complete the reviews of the feature pages that are under review, and get them to an accepted state.

B) We need the missing feature pages added, so that those can go through the required reviews.

Just a reminder on the timelines, we have branching set to: 17th Jan, 2017 (at which point code for the feature needs to be in merged state)

Following are the list of features, and their corresponding feature pages, and its review status.

Accepted state:
1) Disable creation of trash directory by default
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accepted/Trash-Improvements.md

2) SELinux support for Gluster Volumes
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/accepted/SELinux-client-support.md

Under review: (Reviewers please take a look)
1) Implement Parallel readdirp in dht
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16090/

2) Estimate how long it will take for a rebalance operation to complete
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16119/

3) Add brick multiplexing
https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-specs/blob/master/under_review/multiplexing.md
        - I think this can be moved to accepted, Jeff request a patch for the same

4) Introduce force option for Snapshot Restore
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16097/

5) Support to get maximum op-version supported in a heterogeneous cluster
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16118/

This is reviewed and once Samikshan addresses the comments should be ok to accept. We are also exploring a possibility to accumulate the client's op-version in the same CLI and see if its feasible to implement by 3.10 timelines. We'd hear from Samikshan on this.

6) Introducing block CLI commands
http://review.gluster.org/#/c/16092/

This needs further discussion/details on the lines if this has to be supportedthrough Gluster CLI  or other tools.

Feature page missing:
1) Implement statedump for gfapi applications (Rajesh)
2) In gfapi fix memory leak during graph switch (Rajesh)
3) switch to storhaug for HA for ganesha and samba (Kaleb)
4) volume expansion/contraction for tiered volumes (stage 1 - tier as a service) (Dan)
  - Google doc present, need a feature page
5) multithreaded promotion/demotion in tiering (Dan)
  - Google doc present, need a feature page
  - Google doc not accessible

~ Atin (atinm)