Re: RE : Frequent connect and disconnect messages flooded in logs

Am 16.12.2016 um 21:21 schrieb Riccardo Murri:
Hello,

Micha Ober <micha2k@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
are you using the 3.7 branch since it was released or did you use
another version before?
The cluster was installed with 3.7, it didn't exist in 3.4-times.
(Actually, it's a short-lived cluster of VMs running on top of OpenStack.)

I don't know if it's possible in your case, but would it be feasible to
downgrade to 3.4?
Not sure: (1) is 3.4 packages for Ubuntu "xenial"?
(2) what happens to the data that is already on the volume?

Downgrades are not supported and my guess is gluster will not start because the op version of the volume is higher than the op volume of the downgraded glusterfs version. I don't know of any way to lower the op version. So I guess you would need to recreate the gluster volume.

Also, it looks like there are no packages of the 3.4 version for Xenial.
You mentioned in another thread that also 3.6.9 was working fine?
Yes, 3.6.9 is working fine on another cluster, but that one is consisting only of two servers and three clients, so it's much smaller.
I guess I'll try upgrading to 3.8.x first and then downgrade if necessary.
I upgraded from 3.4 to 3.8 and now downgraded to 3.7. So my guess is that if 3.7 is not working for you, 3.8 wont be working either. But you could give if a try.

If time permits, I will wait for the debug build Mohammed Rafi K C talked about and see if it's possible to trace down the problem. Otherwise I will downgrade straight to 3.4. I could try 3.6 first, but 3.4 was working good after all. Except for giving spurious/false heal info, but that was only bothering me, not the users...

Thanks,
Riccardo