Re: Duplicate UUID entries in "gluster peer status" command

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 10:00 AM, ABHISHEK PALIWAL <abhishpaliwal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Atin,

System is the embedded system and these dates are before the system get in timer sync.

Yes, I have also seen these two files in peers directory on 002500 board and I want to know the reason why gluster creates the second file when there is old file is exist. Even when you see the content of the these file are same.

Is it possible for gluster if we fall in this situation then instead of manually doing the steps which you mentioned above gluster will take care of this?

We shouldn't have any unwanted data in /var/lib/glusterd at first place and that's a prerequisite of gluster installation failing which inconsistencies of configuration data can't be handled automatically until manual intervention.

I have some questions:

1. based on the logs can we find out the reason for having two peers files with same contents.

No we can't as the log file doesn't have any entry of 26ae19a6-b58f-446a-b079-411d4ee57450 which indicates that this entry is a stale one and was (is) there since long time and the log files are the latest.

2. is there any way to do it from gluster code.

Ditto as above.

Regards,
Abhishek

Regards,