Re: Can use geo-replication with distributed-replicated volumes?

Please find my comments inline.

On Nov 17, 2016 8:30 PM, "Alexandr Porunov" <alexandr.porunov@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several questions about Geo-replication. Please answer if you can.
>
> 1. Can use geo-replication with distributed-replicated volumes?
Yes. You can.
> 2. Can we use less servers in a slave datacenter then in the master datacenter? (I.e. if I replicate a distributed -replicated volume which consists from 10 servers to the slave datacenter where only 5 servers). For example use less replicas in the slave datacenter.
Yes.  You are free to use.  It is just recommended to have slave volume size equal to master volume.
> 3. Are there a possibility to enable failover? I.e. when master datacenter dies we change our slave to the master?
Yes.  You can promote slave when master dies. And when Master comes back you can failback to master.

> Sincerely,
> Alexandr

Thanks,
Bipin Kunal