Re: Improving IOPS

Hi Lindsay,

On 04/11/16 05:43, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
On 4 November 2016 at 14:35, Krutika Dhananjay <kdhananj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It will be available in 3.9 (and latest
upstream master too) if you're interested to try it out but
DO NOT use it in production yet. It may have some stability
issues as it hasn't been thoroughly tested.

You can enable it using the following command:

# gluster volume set <VOL> cluster.use-compound-fops on

Thanks Krutika, will have to get my test cluster back up :)

nb. My current IOPS are good enough, but always looking to improve things.

I haven't tested it, but if you are current saturating the network, maybe enabling the network.compression option might help, though it will use more CPU.

There are also some compression related options that can be tweaked.

Xavi