Re: Shared Heal Times

On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 9:59 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just an update - after resetting all the heal "optimisations" :) I set, in general heals are much faster and back to normal. I've done several rolling upgrades with the servers since, rebooting each one in turn. Usually around 300 64MB shards will need healing after each boot. Its spends about 2-3 minutes doing some fairly intensive CPU, then another 10 minutes to complete the heal. All up around 15 minutes per server. I'm more than satisfied with that.

So no real problem other than PEBKAC.

Moral of the story - as always, tuning settings for optimisation almost never works.

What are final settings you ended up with after reverting?

thanks,

--
Lindsay Mathieson