Re: Shards and heal question post move-brick

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 5:19 AM, David Gossage <dgossage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 21/07/2016 7:10 PM, David Gossage wrote:
Biggest issue will be changing cache mode of disks which oVirt doesn't expose easily that you had mentioned would now be needed

Just to clarify, I mean the caching mode of the qemu disks, not the underlying host filesystem.

I follow, and I think it an be set just not as a checkbox type flag.  I think you set via  custom flag per disk or vm.
What I don't know is if any of the storage tests they do use flags that I wouldn't have access to that could fail.
I've asked in ovirt users list about it and if anyone is using gluster 3.7.13 in their 3.6.x line.  Redhat gives the impression that due to their RHS gluster is supposed to be well integrated so I am hoping to get some feedback on this.

found it
oVirt -> edit vm settings -> custom properties ->  key viodiskcache : none|writeback|writethrough

oVirt doesn't let you touch that? how annoying, its a useful tool and can make a huge difference to performance.

--
Lindsay Mathieson