Re: Questions about healing

Il 21 mag 2016 13:49, "Kevin Lemonnier" <lemonnierk@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> We didn't have sharding at first, and the behaviour is pretty much the same, but the heals take
> forever.

That's clear but if you have a cluster of 3, with replica 3, if you loose a node, you have to heal the whole VM image as shards are not distributed,  as there aren't nodes to distribute to.

All nodes has all shards in my case.

Sharding would be useful in very large cluster where each chunk is distributed but on small cluster doesn't change too much having a single file or 500 files on the same server for the same VM image
you still have to heal everything every time you loose a node