Re: How to identify a files shard?

Each shard is also associated with a gfid.

So do you see the gfids of these 8 shards in the .glusterfs/indices/xattrop directory on any of the bricks?

-Krutika

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Lindsay Mathieson <lindsay.mathieson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 23/04/2016 11:14 PM, Krutika Dhananjay wrote:
You'll see at least 2 paths listed for this inode number (because they're hardlinks of each other).
One of them is the .glusterfs/... path which is internally maintained by gluster.

The other path (or paths if the application itself created hard links to this file) is the one belonging to the main file that this shard belongs to.

Thanks Krutika, very useful.

As part of testing today I stopped the volume and generated a md5sum for every shard on every brick. 20047 shards per brick, it took a while :)

I then compared them and found there were 8 shards different and applying your algorithm found they were all from one file:

  /images/307/vm-307-disk-1.qcow2

Is there anyway to launch a heal against just one file?

--
Lindsay Mathieson