Re: Is this viable / useful / silly

For what it’s worth, I once created a stripe volume on ram disks. After the initial creation of the bricks, I made a copy of all the files gluster created. After reboot, the files are copied back to the ramdisk before gluster starts, so basically after a reboot you have an empty gluster volume once again.

The performance was really good. Maxed out the dual 10GbE on each server.

If you need really-high IOPS to a file that may be too big for a ramdisk in 1 machine, consider a stripe volume of multiple ram disks.