Default quorum for 2 way replication

hi,
So far default quorum for 2-way replication is 'none' (i.e. files/directories may go into split-brain) and for 3-way replication and arbiter based replication it is 'auto' (files/directories won't go into split-brain). There are requests to make default as 'auto' for 2-way replication as well. The line of reasoning is that people value data integrity (files not going into split-brain) more than HA (operation of mount even when bricks go down). And admins should explicitly change it to 'none' when they are fine with split-brains in 2-way replication. We were wondering if you have any inputs about what is a sane default for 2-way replication.

I like the default to be 'none'. Reason: If we have 'auto' as quorum for 2-way replication and first brick dies, there is no HA. If users are fine with it, it is better to use plain distribute volume rather than replication with quorum as 'auto'. What are your thoughts on the matter? Please guide us in the right direction.

Pranith