HA replica

Could please state directly in the docs that replica isn’t useful to make reliable R/W HA filesystems.  There are a ton of web pages that suggest that gluster can be used to make HA filesystems, but that is false.[1]  To a normal person replica 2 means that it works when one goes offline.  The problem is, if you configure quorums to avoid split brain, because you want a filesystem that works, then when the first replica pair goes offline, you get read-only errors on the filesystem.  In the HA world, falling over dead, isn’t what people want.  Not configuring a quorum is even worse, as then it isn’t even a reliable filesystem.

Also, please state that by default, because of the quorum setting, the filesystem isn’t reliable when replica is used.

Personally, I’d like a reliable high performance HA filesystem.  I was hoping that gluster could be it.

1 - https://www.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-users/2015-July/022843.html