Re: GlusterFS First Time

find my answers inline.

— Bishoy

On Feb 11, 2016, at 11:42 AM, Atul Yadav <atulyadavtech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

HI Team,

I am totally new in Glusterfs and evaluating glusterfs for my requirement.

Need your valuable input on achieving below requirement :-
File locking
Gluster uses DLM for locking.
Performance
It depends on your work load (is it small files big files, etc…), the number of drives and the kind of volume you create.
I suggest you start with just a Distributed Replicated volume and from that point you can plan for the hardware and software configuration.
High Availability
I suggest replicating the bricks across the two nodes, as erasure coding with two nodes and a single drive on each one will not be of any benefit.

Existing Infra details is given below:-
CentOS 6.6
glusterfs-server-3.7.8-1.el6.x86_64
glusterfs-client-xlators-3.7.8-1.el6.x86_64
GlusterFS server Quantity 2 with independent 6 TB storage
24 Glusterfs Client.
Brick replication

Thank You
Atul Yadav