Re: Understand how Distributed in .glustefs works

On 01/19/2016 08:04 PM, Taste-Of-IT wrote:
Hello,
i have a glusterfs distributed volume and had a raid problem. after solving this i could start the volume and had problem with files. now i want to move working files direct from one node to a new distributed volume. How does the linksystem works? if i have a distribute-replicate with factor 2, i would have 2 links for each file, correct? so in my case i have only 1 hardlink for each file, right? so if i move the files direct, the size of the .glusterfs folder will decrease, right? actually it seems when i move files direct, the space at all decrease too, but should be nearly the same, right?

Joejulian wrote a nice blog when we first introduced the link system at the time of 3.3
https://joejulian.name/blog/what-is-this-new-glusterfs-directory-in-33/

Yes you will have 2 links for each file. 1) at the path you created the file. 2) inside .glusterfs/ab/cd/abcd.... I didn't understand how you ended up with single link for each of the file. Which operation lead to this state? Without understanding this, won't be able to answer the rest of the questions :-(.

Pranith

Thx
Taste