Re: Directory ctime/mtime not synced on node being healed

On 11/28/2015 12:06 AM, Tom Pepper wrote:
Recently, we lost a brick in a 4-node distribute + replica 2 volume.  The host was fine so we simply fixed the hardware failure, recreated the zpool and zfs, set the correct trusted.glusterfs.volume-id, restarted the gluster daemons on the host and the heal got to work.  The version running is 3.7.4 atop Ubuntu Trusty.

However, we’ve noticed that directories are not getting created on the brick being healed with the correct ctime and mtime.  Files, however, are being set correctly.
This is a known issue. For files, we update the atime and mtime on the healed brick after the data self-heal is over. For directories, we are currently not doing the same after entry self-heal. We could update the a/m time for directories too. Could you raise a bug for this? For ctime I don't think it is possible to 'set' it a given value in linux via utimes() or any other syscall.

Thanks,
Ravi