Gluster considerations - replicated volumes in different sites

Good Morning All,

I'm looking at deploying 3 Gluster nodes, two in one location and the third in another. The link between these two locations is fast and fairly low latency, around ~4ms. The volumes are all low write/high read with the largest being a few TBs (with lots of small files). While the primary location will have two nodes in, the secondary location (with one node) will see local reads and writes.

I'm a little concerned about running the replication in separate locations given that from what I've read Gluster doesn't like latency. Is this a valid concern? I've seen a few options for what I believe is keeping reads local so they don't go to the distant node, but I'm struggling to find a definitive answer (cluster.read-subvolume perhaps).

Also, in terms of configuration for low write/high read and a large volume of small files, the following seems to be the recommended from what I can cobble together - does this seem ok?

Options Reconfigured:
performance.readdir-ahead: on
cluster.ensure-durability: off
server.event-threads: 4